We are incredibly touched and honoured to have received The Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much to our friend Anne, who nominated us back in February. Her blog, Recipes For Every Soul, offers mouthwatering recipes for every meal of the day. Each post includes all the ingredients needed, directions to bake/cook and photos to guide you the to the end!
Anne and I talk almost every day on Twitter, and I’m so grateful for the kindness, support and motivation she provides, not only towards us, but everyone she communicates with on the social media platform. If you aren’t following her already, you can do so here: @Recps4EverySoul
Rules For The Versatile Blogger Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you — Anne, at Recipes For Every Soul
2. Share seven facts about yourself
3. Nominate up to fifteen others for the Versatile Blogger Award
For those of you who don’t know, The Versatile Blogger Award was created by bloggers to give to other bloggers. If nominated, you have received the award and are tasked with passing it on, by nominating other bloggers. It shows the incredible amount of support in the community! No question about blogging is ever ‘too silly’ or weird, and this award helps you get to know the people behind their blog and/or brand. We are so humbled to have received this!
Seven Facts About Us
1. We are homeowners: Matt and I purchased a flat in Bournemouth, back in April 2016. We have two tenants living there, to help us pay off the mortgage while travelling.
2. We surprised each other with the same birthday present: There are roughly two weeks between our birthdays; mine comes first on 26 January, and Matt’s follows on 10 February. Having converted Matt into a Harry Potter fan (back in late 2014), I bought us tickets to the studio tour in London and was planning on giving them to Matt on his birthday. As it turns out, he also bought two tickets to the studio tour and gave them to me first, on my birthday. Safe to say we were both shocked and had a good laugh about it! The extra tickets went to Matt’s parents, but we weren’t able to go together.
3. We spent two nights in jail: It’s definitely not what you’re thinking! The Nicholas Street Gaol used to be the biggest jail in Ottawa. In 1972, the jail was closed for good, and the building was purchased by Hostelling International. It underwent minor construction for the conversion, and most of the original structure is still intact. It was a very creepy experience; the hostel offers tours of death row and detailed information, such as the names of prisoners who used to live in the cells. They say the hostel is still haunted… would you spend a night in jail?
4. We have a male cat, named Linda: Back in August 2015, a friend gave us a stray kitten she found in her garden. We called it Linda, but discovered it was a boy a few months in, after the name had stuck. We miss him terribly, but he’s in good hands with a friend while we’re backpacking!
5. We support the Cleveland Browns: Laugh all you want, but we’re Browns fans for life. I have family in Cleveland and grew up watching the Browns play at the FirstEnergy Stadium. Matt was converted when he went to his first NFL game in 2014. We even have our own merchandise, which we wear during football season. GO BROWNS!
6. We have been to 10 countries together: That’s not bad for our 4 years together, but we hope to double that (at least) on this trip!
7. We once dressed up as the Channel 4 news team from Anchorman: Matt went as Ron Burgundy and I dressed up as Veronica Corningstone. Everyone was in full costume, including Channel 4 coffee mugs (which we poured our drinks into), a DIY microphone for reporting while out in town and wigs. It was the best fancy dress party we’ve ever been to. Our mate Chris, whose birthday we were celebrating, dressed up as Champ Kind, and went as far as to shave the top half of his head for the costume. Check out the photos!
We would like to share this award with the following bloggers:
Laura – She Who Wanders
Rebecca – Bexcapades
Kaeli – Kaeli Travels
Erin – Coffee Meets Polished
Aaron – Wanderlust Untapped
Darren and Lauren – Faramagan
Ian – Barefoot Backpacker
Ellie – Grad Gone Global
Charlie – Reach 30 Before 30
Nicole – Nicole Lauren Blake
If you have already been nominated, and do not wish to take part again, we completely understand. Take your time in completing this and passing it along, but let us know when it’s done – we look forward to getting to know you all better!
Happy blogging everyone!
— Ally and Matt